August 19, 2020 – Denver, Colo. – As school districts across the country reopen, the latest data released from the Healthgrades COVID-19 Patient Confidence Study, in partnership with Infosurv, shows that consumers who responded are more comfortable going to the doctor or having a medical procedure than they are having their children returning to school. At the same time, consumers are more comfortable sending their children back to school than going to the movies, restaurant or going on vacation. Specifically, findings show:
- 65% of consumers feeling comfortable visiting their doctor
- 42% of consumers with preschoolers are comfortable sending them back to school next week
- 33% of consumers with K-12 grade children are comfortable sending their children back to school next week
- 32% of consumers are comfortable going to a restaurant
- 25% of consumers are comfortable traveling via plane
- 21% of consumers are comfortable going to a movie theatre next week
“As we have been tracking patient confidence over the past 21 weeks, we have seen noticeable volatility in consumer’s comfort levels towards various activities, whether it is towards starting a new healthcare treatment or sending their children back to school,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. “The good news is that consumers are feeling most confident about visiting the doctor and accessing healthcare services. While we suspect that opinions will continue to fluctuate given the evolving nature of COVID-19, it’s clear that consumer confidence is generally increasing since we started collecting this data in March.”
Since the COVID-19 Patient Confidence Study started March 27th, consumer confidence towards visiting a doctor, telehealth, and doing everyday activities have also fluctuated. Since the last release, the data is showing:
- 86% of consumers feel safer when they see people wearing face masks in public.
- Telehealth adoption is also continuing to rise, with 92% of consumers stating that telehealth can replace some HCP appointments.
- 56% of consumers would feel comfortable starting a new treatment for a condition in the next 1-2 months.
Download the latest data from the COVID-19 Patient Confidence Study here.
Healthgrades is dedicated to empowering stronger and more meaningful connections between patients and their healthcare providers. At Healthgrades, we help millions of consumers each month find and schedule appointments with their provider of choice. With our scheduling solutions and advanced analytics applications, we help our health system and life sciences clients cultivate new patient relationships, improve patient access, and build customer loyalty. At Healthgrades, better health gets a head start.
Infosurv Research (www.infosurv.com) is a boutique research agency based in Atlanta, GA. The company helps clients to design, develop, and deploy strategic research programs that drive insights and growth. With a fierce dedication to understanding and optimizing the customer experience, Infosurv offers tools are services that enable a 360-degree view of your customers through direct feedback, employee engagement, and custom market research.
The post Healthgrades COVID-19 Patient Confidence Study Looks at Consumer Comfort in Returning to Doctor’s Office Compared to Returning to School appeared first on Healthcare IT – CHIME.