All submissions must be received on or before Friday, September 1, 2017
The South Carolina Chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society invites you to share your knowledge by presenting at their 2017 conference in Columbia, SC.
SC HIMSS welcomes presentations that highlight activities within and across South Carolina and boundary states. Historically, well-received presentations are those that are focused on sharing relevant content such as providing expertise on a topic or detailing a particular case study and demonstrating lessons learned. Multiple submissions are welcome.
SC HIMSS will evaluate all abstracts submitted; below is a list of topic areas for consideration.
- Clinical Informatics and Clinician Engagement Compliance
- Risk Management, and Program Integrity
- Connected Health and Telehealth
- Consumer and Patient Engagement
- Culture of Care and Care Coordination
- Data Analytics/Clinical and Business Intelligence
- Emerging Payment Models for Value-Based Care
- Health Informatics Education, Career Development and Diversity
- Health Information Exchange, Interoperability and Data Integration
- HIT Infrastructure and Standards
- Human Factors User Experience and Design
- Improving Quality Outcomes through Health IT
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Venture Investment
- Leadership, Governance, Strategic Planning
- Patient Safety and Health IT
- Pharmacy Standards & Technology
- Population Health
- Precision Medicine/Genomics
- Privacy, Security and Cybersecurity
- Process Improvement, Workflow, Change Management
- Public Policy
- Social, Psychosocial, and Behavioral Determinants of Health
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]2. SCORING AND NOTIFICATION
Abstracts will be evaluated against each of these criteria:
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Quality of the abstract (merit, style, relevance)
- Educational potential – the presentation should be focused on providing relevant content and/or be built
around a case study
- Absence of commercial promotion (products and services) – these abstracts will not be considered.
- Presenters will be notified of abstract selections the week of September 11.
3. COMPLIMENTARY CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
If the presentation is accepted, the presenter(s) will receive a complimentary full conference registration. Limit two (2) presenters per presentation.
Note: SC HIMSS does not reimburse for hotel, travel, meals or other presentation-related expenses.
4. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
When filling out this form, be sure to provide all information requested and include bios for each proposed presenter. If you would like to include a presenter photo, please do. Submit all completed forms to [email protected], no later than September 1.
Questions? Please email [email protected].[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column]
Oops! We could not locate your form.[/vc_column][/vc_row]