Awards highlight vital need for one IoT security solution that discovers, manages and secures all devices on healthcare delivery organizations’ networks
NEW YORK, February 27, 2020 — Medigate, the first dedicated healthcare IoT security and asset management platform, today announced that it won a total of eight awards across a variety of categories in four different awards programs, including the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards, Info Security Products Guide’s Global Excellence Awards, the IoT Evolution IoT Excellence Awards, and the Tech Trailblazers Awards. Medigate’s unique platform enables it to discover and identify all connected devices on a provider’s clinical network, accurately detect credible threats in real time, and prevent attacks from succeeding by enforcing clinically-driven policies and preventing malicious communications without affecting the operation of the device under attack.
Medigate was recognized by the following:
- The 16th Annual 2020 Info Security PG’s Global Excellence Awards honored Medigate in two categories. These global awards from Info Security Products Guide, the industry’s leading information security research and advisory guide, recognize cybersecurity and information technology vendors with advanced, ground-breaking products, solutions and services that are helping set the bar higher for others in all areas of security and technologies.
- Security Product and Service for Healthcare – Gold
- Internet of Things Security – Silver
- The Cybersecurity Excellence Awards recognized Medigate in four categories. This annual competition recognizes companies, products and professionals that demonstrate excellence, innovation and leadership in information security. The finalists and winners have been selected based on the strength of their nomination, as well as the popular vote by members of the information security community.
- Best Cybersecurity Company – Silver
- Best Cybersecurity Startup – Silver
- Most Innovative Cybersecurity Company – Bronze
- Internet of Things Security – Bronze
- The 2019 IoT Evolution IoT Excellence Awards honors innovative products that support the availability of information being deduced, inferred and directly gathered from sensors, systems and anything else that is supporting better business and personal decisions.
- The 2019 Tech Trailblazers Awards recognizes outstanding early-stage companies across 10 major enterprise technology categories alongside three additional special categories.
- Internet of Things – Runner-up
“As the cybersecurity environment grows progressively more volatile and healthcare delivery organizations race to secure IoT devices connected to their hospitals’ networks, our distinctive capabilities in identifying and securing medical devices provides us with a unique seat at the table,” said Jonathan Langer, co-founder and CEO of Medigate. “We are honored to be recognized by these prestigious awards programs in multiple categories, further reinforcing our approach to protecting healthcare organizations as they increasingly rely on connected devices to deliver critical patient care.”
Protecting connected devices on healthcare networks poses several unique challenges that require security solutions and expertise dedicated to healthcare environments and clinical networks. Medigate is revolutionizing healthcare cybersecurity by adding medical device and clinical workflow expertise to traditional IoT security. Medigate fuses knowledge and understanding of medical device workflows, protocols and identities with the reality of today’s cybersecurity threats, ensuring providers can deliver critical treatment and protect patient data. As health systems look to secure their connected devices, large healthcare systems and smaller hospitals alike are coming to Medigate for its legacy medical device security and visibility into all the devices on their network.
Medigate was also recently named a “Hot Company for Cybersecurity IoT” and “Best Product for Healthcare IoT Security” by the Cyber Defense InfoSec Awards at RSAC 2020 and was included on the Constellation Shortlist for Healthcare Medical Device Security for Q1 2020.
For more information, visit: https://www.medigate.io/.
Medigate is the industry’s first and leading dedicated medical device security and asset management platform, enabling providers to deliver secure, connected care. Medigate fuses the knowledge and understanding of medical workflow and device identity and protocols with the reality of today’s cybersecurity threats. With Medigate, hospital networks can safely operate all medical devices on their network, enabling deployment of existing and new devices to patients while ensuring privacy and safety.
The post Medigate Honored With Eight Awards in Multiple Awards Programs appeared first on Healthcare IT – CHIME.