A multimode plate reader is a device used to read and analyse culture or test plates in biological or chemical experiments, it can detect two or more applications of chemical compounds used for research in the biomedical field.
These plates contain multiple wells in which reactions, cell cultures, enzymatic assays, or other scientific tests are performed and it is equipped with several detection modes to measure different types of signals generated in the wells of the plate.
Common modes of detection include
- Absorbance: measures the amount of light absorbed by a sample over a specific wavelength range. This mode is used for assays in which the amount of a substance correlates with light absorption, such as cell viability assays or protein quantification.
- Fluorescence: Measures the emission of fluorescent light generated by a sample after being excited with light of a specific wavelength. It is used to detect fluorophore-labeled molecules, such as DNA probes, labelled antibodies, and other fluorescent molecules.
- Luminescence: Measures the emission of light generated by chemical reactions that produce light, such as luciferin-luciferase reactions. This mode is used for luciferase assays, such as enzyme activity assays or protein-protein interaction assays.
- Polarization: Measures the polarization of light emitted by a fluorescent sample labeled with polarization-dependent fluorophores. It is used to study the interaction between molecules or molecular structures.
- Surface plasmon resonance (SPR): Measures changes in the index refraction of a sample that occurs when molecules bind to a gold or silver surface. This mode is used to study real-time biomolecular interactions, such as antigen-antibody interactions or protein-ligand interactions.
It is important to note that there are multimode plate readers to which other technologies can be added, such as AlphaScreen detection, immunoblotting, or image acquisition. These can be used in the field of scientific research to obtain information on the most important biochemical processes occurring in the organism, among which the following stand out:
- Calcium assays
- Cell viability
- Quantification of proteins and nucleic acid.
- Microplasma monitoring
- Indicator gene assays
- Enzyme kinetics
- Microbial proliferation
The multi-purpose microplate readers have features and functions that allow access to customized protocols, for more accurate results with a single touch, by integrating a large touch screen, in addition to the near-field communication function, functions that facilitate the use of the working methods.
What are the main features of the multi-purpose microplate readers?
The latest generation plate readers are equipped with features that guarantee optimal results by offering ease of use.
Among these integrated functions are the following:
- An ultra-cooled photomultiplier tube detector to reduce background noise.
- QuickSync function, for sending test data to any computer on the same network
- Flexibility to set up experiments using filters, monochromators, or a combination of both on the reader.
The multiple detection modes and the possibility of on-site upgradeability, gives BMG Labtech multimode plate reader, the flexibility to expand your research capacity at any time.
Customisation and Upgradeability of Multimode Plate Readers
This multimode plate reader also integrates upgradeable modules including immunoblotting, cell imaging, and fast injector kinetics. BMG integrates into its multi-mode microplate reader a combination of simplicity with top-of-the-line performance.
Designed for researchers with very diverse needs, its most relevant feature is that it saves time and reduces errors in laboratory assays. It also allows automatic dynamic range selection, which adjusts the optimal reading range according to signal intensities.
The reader has built-in safety controls, which alert the researcher to potential errors in the assay before they occur. As a result, accurate information is obtained from the experiment data and research progresses more quickly.
Microplate readers play an important role in the field of pharmaceutical, food, biomedical, biotechnology, and academic research. They can read multiple modes of detection of chemical or biological reactions to provide the researcher with the highest accuracy in performing any research assay.
BMG offers multi-mode readers that integrate the best performance features for successful research and reliable data. The multimode plate reader is a crucial component for all laboratories, enabling them to identify the ideal compound to advance the discovery, development, and manufacture of a critical component of a research assay.
Multimode plate readers ensure high performance, versatility, and reliability for today’s laboratory needs.
The post Importance of the Multimode Plate Reader in the Field of Scientific Research appeared first on .