In the past few years, HIMSS and the health information and technology community have highlighted the role of digital health as a bridge to patient wellness by focusing on maternal health, patient identification and safety, telehealth, broadband access, and public health data modernization. This year, we will continue to support those efforts as we focus upon:
- Chronic disease management
- Digital health literacy, inclusion, and access
- Maternal health
- Substance use and behavioral health
- Workforce inclusion
Join for Global Health Equity Week
Join us on October 24 – 28, 2022 for Global Health Equity Week, an initiative focused on displaying the potential of health information and technology to transform health and support the elimination of health disparities. Get solutions to help you improve health and wellness for everyone, everywhere. Learn more at www.himss.org/ghew.
Get Involved – Make Your Voice Heard
Here are some ways that you can get involved:
- Advocate: Write to your U.S. Senators on extending key telehealth flexibilities past the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency and to your Governors and State Medicaid Directors to improve maternal health through information and technology in your state/territory!
- Share your health equity story: Engage on social media using #HealthEquity.
- Lead the change with us: Be part of the HIMSS Global Health Equity Network and advance health and wellness for everyone, everywhere.
- Learn and connect: Attend health equity webinars and networking events. Check out the schedule of events for more details.