Submissions must be received by 11:59 pm ET, Friday, September 7, 2018
The South Carolina Chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (SC HIMSS) invites you to submit a presentation abstract for their Annual Fall Conference, November 9, 2018, in Columbia, SC.SC Chapter of HIMSS welcomes presentations that highlight activities in South Carolina and surrounding states. Historically, well-received presentations have contributed considerable expertise on a specific topic or detailed case study with lessons learned. Multiple submissions are welcome.
SC HIMSS will evaluate all abstracts submitted; below is a list of topic areas for consideration.
- Clinical Informatics and Clinician Engagement Compliance
- Risk Management, and Program Integrity
- Connected Health and Telehealth
- Consumer and Patient Engagement
- Culture of Care and Care Coordination
- Data Analytics/Clinical and Business Intelligence
- Emerging Payment Models for Value-Based Care
- Health Informatics Education, Career Development and Diversity
- Health Information Exchange, Interoperability and Data Integration
- HIT Infrastructure and Standards
- Human Factors User Experience and Design
- Improving Quality Outcomes through Health IT
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Venture Investment
- Leadership, Governance, Strategic Planning
- Patient Safety and Health IT
- Pharmacy Standards & Technology
- Population Health
- Precision Medicine/Genomics
- Privacy, Security and Cybersecurity
- Process Improvement, Workflow, Change Management
- Public Policy
- Social, Psychosocial, and Behavioral Determinants of Health
- Patient Throughput & Capacity Management
Abstracts will be evaluated against each of these criteria:
- Quality (e.g., merit, style)
- Educational potential (e.g., expertise, learnings)
- Relevance to the conference theme (preferred)
- Abstracts promoting commercial products or services will not be considered.
Presenters will be notified of abstract selections the week of September 10, 2018.
3. COMPLIMENTARY CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
If accepted, the presenter(s) will receive a complimentary full conference registration. Limit two (2) speakers per presentation.
Note: SC HIMSS does not reimburse for hotel, travel, meals or other presentation-related expenses.
4. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Complete the Abstract Submission form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm ET, September 7, 2018. You’re welcome to attach a speaker photo (JPG, PNG) with your submission.
Questions? Email email@example.com