Facing the Future Together: Transformation through IT
SC HIMSS ANNUAL FALL CONFERENCE
October 30, 2015 | Embassy Suites Columbia – Greystone Hotel | Columbia, SC
CALL FOR PRESENTATION ABSTRACTS
All submissions must be received on or before Friday, September 15, 2015
The South Carolina chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society invites you to share your knowledge by presenting at their 2015 conference in Columbia, SC.
SC HIMSS welcomes presentations that highlight activities within and across South Carolina and boundary states. Historically, well-received presentations are those that are focused on sharing relevant content such as providing expertise on a topic or detailing a particular case study and demonstrating lessons learned. Multiple submissions are welcome.
SC HIMSS will evaluate all abstracts submitted and below is a list of topic areas for consideration.
- Patient Safety and Quality (Bar Coding, Positive Patient ID, Medication Management, Electronic Consent)
- Population Health Management
- Automation to Improve Clinical and Business Outcomes
- Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMR)
- Value-Based Healthcare
- Health Information Exchange
- Wearable Devices
- IT Infrastructure
- Privacy and Security
- Revenue Cycle/Financial Improvement
- Business Operations Optimization
- Integrated IT Governance/Strategic Planning
- Clinical and Business Analytics/Intelligence
SCORING AND NOTIFICATION
Abstracts will be evaluated against each of these criteria:
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Quality of the abstract (merit, style, relevance)
- Educational potential – the presentation should be focused on providing relevant content and/or be built
around a case study
- Absence of commercial promotion (products and services) – these abstracts will not be considered.
Presenters will be notified of abstract selections the week of September 21.
COMPLIMENTARY CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
If the presentation is accepted, the presenter(s) will receive a complimentary full conference registration. Limit two (2) presenters per presentation.
Note: SC HIMSS does not reimburse for hotel, travel, meals or other presentation-related expenses.
When filling out this form, be sure to provide all information requested and include bios for each proposed presenter. If you would like to include a presenter photo, please do. Submit all completed forms to email@example.com, no later than September 11.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org