The South Carolina Chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (SC HIMSS) invites you to submit an abstract to present at the 2019 Fall Conference on November 1, 2019, in Columbia, SC at the Columbia Convention Center.
Our annual conference continues to grow significantly in number of participants, vendors, and —most importantly — educational offerings.
New this year: SC HIMSS will provide CEUs for multiple clinical groups.
Join us for a forum that provides exceptional insights, optimal networking opportunities, and the latest in products and services.
SC HIMSS welcomes submissions that highlight activities in South Carolina and surrounding states. Historically, well-received presentations have contributed considerable expertise on a specific topic or detailed case study with lessons learned. Multiple submissions are welcome.
SC HIMSS will provide CEUs for multiple clinical groups at this year’s event. To maximize our CEUs to participants, we will give preference to those abstracts that conform to the following requirements:
All abstracts must comply with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, the FDA Final Guidance on Industry-Supported Scientific and Educational Activities, and, if designed for physician learners, the AMA Opinions regarding the Physician’s Recognition Award and Gifts to Physicians from Industry.
All abstracts must be for scientific and educational purposes only. The educational content of activities must be accepted by the profession(s) constituting the target audience as being within the science/scope of practice of the intended audience(s), and applicable to the provision of healthcare to the public.
SC HIMSS will evaluate all submissions; below is a list of desired topic areas for consideration.
• Regulatory Compliance
• Consumerism & Patient Experience
• Digital Health
• Clinical/Health Informatics
• Data Analytics/Clinical Business Intelligence
Additional topics to be considered:
• Risk Management & Program Integrity
• Culture of Care & Care Coordination
• Data Analytics/Clinical & Business Intelligence
• Emerging Payment Models for Value-Based Care
• Health Information Exchange, Interoperability & Data Integration
• HIT Infrastructure & Standards
• Human Factors User Experience & Design
• Improving Quality Outcomes Through Health IT
• Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Venture Investment
• Leadership, Governance, Strategic Planning
• Patient Safety & Health IT
• Pharmacy Standards & Technology
• Population Health
• Precision Medicine/Genomics
• Privacy, Security & Cybersecurity
• Process Improvement, Workflow, Change Management
• Public Policy
• Social, Psychosocial & Behavioral Determinants of Health
• Patient Throughput & Capacity Management
2. SCORING & NOTIFICATION
Abstracts will be evaluated against each of these criteria:
• Quality (e.g., merit, style)
• Educational potential (e.g., expertise, learnings)
• Relevance to the conference theme (preferred)
• Abstracts promoting commercial products or services will not be considered.
Presenters will be notified of abstract selections the week of September 10.
3. COMPLIMENTARY CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
If accepted, the presenter(s) will receive a complimentary full conference registration. Limit two (2) speakers per presentation.
Note: SC HIMSS does not reimburse for hotel, travel, meals, or other presentation-related expenses.
4. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Complete the Abstract Submission form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm ET, September 3. You’re welcome to attach a speaker photo (JPG, PNG) with your submission.
Questions? Email email@example.com